Thursday, March 17, 2011

RN - Real Nurse?

There was an important investigation recently into whether I work outside the scope of my practice.  I had to do a bit of legal investigation to remind myself of my parameters and to make sure I have been working within them.  In the end it was decided a part time RN would be hired in order to supervise me and oversee the policy and procedure I write.  Basically, a babysitter.

An overpaid babysitter who sits on the couch eating Bon-Bons and watching Happy Days. Because to tell the truth, I've got most everything under control.  And it's hard for me to relinquish control and remember I'm supposed to defer to someone for advice and guidance.  Control Freak much?  Maybe.

I sent away for information to begin to work on my RN (again).  This time I'm going to try and do this from home.  I hear it's much more difficult.  But what are my options?  I already tried balancing a job, my kids, the house and ONE college class.  Want to know what happened?  My daughter's grades slipped, the littlest one had some separation anxiety, and the baby sitter drove me batty.  The house fell apart and bills got backed up.   The worst part, and this is when I realized just how bad my anxiety could be..... The day of the final I began driving to the college.  It began to snow and I had a panic attack, turned around and went home.  How mad am I at myself that the entire semester was for nothing because I couldn't get up the nerve to go take the exam?  I never even called to ask for a make - up exam.

In any case, I've picked up the pieces and dusted myself off.  I have a better handle on the finances and  know I need to stop acting like an RN and actually become one.  I'm not sure what magical mysteries they will teach me in RN school that will suddenly make me a more effective and knowledgeable nurse, but I have to tackle this and stop wasting time. 

1 comment:

  1. Are you looking for an extra hand to help our with your household and your children?Nanny Australia is offering Nanny, Au Pair, Babysitting and Tutoring services to parents in Australia.

    Au Pair companions are international visitors who travel to Australia on a Working or Student Visa to acquire a better understanding and appreciation of Australian life while living with an Australian family and caring for their young children. They become full-fledged family members, sharing a cultural exchange experience, which often leads to a lasting relationship with the host family.

    Should you be interested in hosting an Au Pair, please email our friendly team and we will answer all your questions.

    team@nannyaustralia.com.au
    www.nannyaustralia.com.au


    Find Babysitter Australia

    ReplyDelete